Quote Originally Posted by zsas View Post
Hi Ming Rider (MR) and fellow Apug'rs. I was intrigued by what MR was doing so I had to do the same

I had a roll of HP5+ that was shot on a plastic camera and have some Ardonal laying around and thought I'd try to replicate what MR was doing. So the fact that the below was shot on a plastic camera, err, take that with a grain of salt

The images look great (remember this is a plastic 28mm lens camera with prob a 2 cent lens ), except sadly I have that right side streaking that was seen in the orig 1:100+Salt scan that MR showed. Should one be able to solve for that streaking, this might be promising....

Notes: I used a tank that holds 900ml. I put in 1 blank reel, then reel w film, then 2 blank reels in the tank. 891ml distil water with 27g of Kosher Salt diluted into it (in line with the 30g/l theory of MR). 9.5ml of Rodinal (well really Adox's branded Ardonal). Agitated for first min, stand, then agitate 10 sec at 30 min, 30 min more stand, then drain, stop, fix, wash; all in line with how MR did his test....

I love the look (I like my grain, which is why I love this combo), just not lovin the steak....

Actually the right side, since this started as a negative, has been developed more causing the lighter positive image. The area to the left did not progress as far.

That doesn't change the method needed to fix the issue, it just lets us define the problem properly...