Quote Originally Posted by Noble View Post
Yeah it's weird to me that some people can't accept that there are perfectly normal people that don't want a stranger snapping pictures of them and their family without permission.
I think there is a basic misunderstanding between serious photographers and the public.

We don't necessarily take pictures OF other people. We take pictures that have people IN THEM.
At least that's the way I see things. I take pictures of landscapes, scenery or landmarks but, without people in them, they often look deserted, uninteresting or just plain boring. People in the foreground or interacting with the world are what makes an "okay" picture into a great picture.

Sometimes, I'll take a picture of people or kids doing something but, in those cases, it's about the activity, not necessarily the person. Most of the time, those people's faces aren't visible or they are blurred or in the shadows.

It's not because I don't want to see the person's face. It's because I'm trying to sell my pictures or I'm trying to promote my photography. I want to promote pictures, not other people. The only person beside me who cares is the person in the picture. The rest of the world doesn't give a rat's ass.