Bokeh is a term pretty loosely used among most fuzzygraphers.
It came from Japan and refers to the quality of the OOF areas there are many kinds of bokeh. It may help to do some searching on the web to find something referring to these original terms.
There are "double line", "swirly" and several more that elude me at the moment. With double line you will have a subject with a 2nd general outline of the subject. There are many examples of swirly over on the Large Format forum if you search for "petzval"

The longer lens suggested will give a more pronounced separation between subject and background using shallow DOF at longer focal lengths. Typically this out of focus is considered bokeh but whether it's pleasant or not depends on the lens itself having "good" or "bad" bokeh not film size, focal length or the value of absolute zero.