Quote Originally Posted by jordanstarr View Post
I don't have a set criteria really. I'd like a 24mm, 35mm and 50mm lens for sure and probably a good tele-portrait lens too. I'd like it for under $200, but with a 24mm lens, that might be pushing it. This would be ideal, but not restricted to that criteria. What I'm looking for in this thread is something like: "Hey Jordan, I shoot with a ________ and I find it to be as good as my Nikon, but for peanuts". Then, I could do some research and see what works best for me. I know there's a lot out there, but I'm looking for people with specific experiences or knowledge about the quality of the images they produce because I don't have money to buy 5 different systems, test and get down to one system. My criteria is lenses that produce great results, but go unnoticed do to the demand of digital or are just not popular. They also have to be under my price range or I'd just chance it and go shoot with my Nikon.
With a bit of searching you should be able to find a good Canon AE-1 Program and FD series lenses for not much more than you listed.