As an anecdote, I had a roll of VPS ISO 160 Vericolor (from the same emulsion batch) that had been stored in an A-12 magazine and in a metal camera case run through 6 scanners on a cross-country trip. It was dip and dunked by my lab. The film showed base side emulsion fog as did two blank rolls that hadnt been loaded in a magazine. The Kodak Tech. Rep was concerned enough to send them to Rochester NY for a look. This was about the time the FAA was saying their scanners only affected film with an ISO of 1600 or higher. (Right).

Since the effects of radiation are cumulative, Kodak came back and told us the film had been fogged by x-rays, probably from airport scanning since Kodak used transportation and storage methods that did not involve x-rays. Kodak and I contacted the FAA and requested that they retest their earlier results although then (and now) they provided for hand inspection of film without scanning it. The FAA denied our request and continued to deny that medium and low speed films were affected in any way by even multiple radiation exposures.

They subsequently revised their tune and without agreeing or admitting any error and finally acknowledged that base side emulsion fog could occur in all films and continued to provide for hand-inspection of any film type/speed.

See if this problem occurred on another roll of the same batch number and from another processor although if it doesn't bleed over the frames into the border, it's probably not fogged but I'd agree it's processing.