Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
Nobody prints their pictures because they don't want to keep buying expensive toner cartridges. Therefor, unlike our generation, in 50 years nobody will be able to pull open their grandparents drawer at their estate liquidation, and see all those old pictures of them when they were young. Fact is, if you are taking pictures with digital cameras and not printing, then you DON'T HAVE any pictures.
I take the dissent opinion here. I've seen many folks creating books using print on demand services ( ie Blurb, Apple, etc.) plus there is a large contingent of scrapbook types who upload their images to a site,
put the background trmplate in place and print- comes in the mail....

Folks print, just not the same way

Kodak missed this opportunity. Like PE says, they shoulda bought up Facebook, Instagram, etc., or better yet, set up a culture that would have created the next Facebook, Flickr, etc.....

That wasn't there "then", way before Perez too folks...

I found an article, will have to find it, but basically the writer said, Kodak should have spun off some segments to take the ball and run - say out in WA or Silicon Valley back in the day (70's/80's).....instead all that intel was kept at NY....and not capitalized on....