Well, Drew, I spent a day and a half trying to print an Ektar 35mm image on CAII lustre, with horrible results. All kinds of color crossover nad low contrast. I used the same image and the same chemistry with Ektar Edge, and had a near perfect result after just two tests.

With the CAII, I was able to get the contrast about right by adding 3ml/L H2o2 to the developer, but it didn't really solve the other issues. As contrast masking is not an easy option with 35mm, I will have to focus on the chemistry to see if I can improve things. What is clear to me is that the homebrew chemistry I use is excellent with Edge, and a nonperformer with CAII. It works well with CA-Super C and works reasonably well with some tweaks with CA-P.