Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
I personally don't care what they do with their black and white line. I like Acros and it's unique, but I don't shoot that much of it and can certainly live without it. Frankly the whole black and white world aside from Ilford could go away and I wouldn't be negatively impacted. I'd change a few products, but I could live happily with Ilford for black and white.

But Fuji is the only game left for slide film (aside from black and white film reversal processed, or reversal processed C41 if you want that look) so it matters a lot more. And even when Kodak was around, 400X was still unique. It's a wonderful film. They've now canceled their two best ever slide films, Astia and Provia 400X.
400X pushed well to ISO800 for me, so this film was the only option to shoot transparencies at high ISO. It is amazing to think that soon it will not be available. People are all angry at Fujifilm, and I can understand why that emotion exists, but in reality, people just are not shooting enough chromes anymore. If the money were there, the supply for film would be too.

People **NEED** to shoot more slide film. PE called it awhile back that E-6 film was going to disappear soon. He's a smart guy and this latest blow against E-6 film validates his prediction.