Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
EVERY Japanese/Asian company has communication issues. I live in work in Asia and communication is by far, the weakest aspect of life here. Getting a straight story out of anyone is like pulling teeth.
That's got to be endlessly frustrating. I saw that back when I used to follow the comings and goings of new digital gear. Combine it with some parts of the analog photography community being kind of jumpy about product discontinuations and there's room for our old buddies fear, uncertainty and doubt to settle in.

I dont see any confusion here regarding the canceled products. They list what is canceled and what is a "replacement". The confusion comes from people who refuse to believe it, even in the face of a published announcement!!
Indeed, Fuji have been quite clear here; thank you, by the way, for being part of making that clearer by finding and posting information about it. I agree confusion does arise from people being unwilling to accept official word on the discontinuation, passed on through a reputable source (Freestyle, in this case). On the other hand I've seen a lot of "announcements" around Fuji product in the past which turned out to be some badly informed local camera store salesperson passing on information which wasn't true. If only Fuji had some official source around here, that would go a long way toward helping dispel confusion and stop the folks who are in denial from being in denial. Look at the Kentmere paper discontinuation a few days ago; straight from the official source, no messing around, questions which arose were answered by same official source. That makes a big difference.

What Fujifilm makes confusing is what films are still available! Go to www.fujifilm.com. Look at their film page. No ACROS to be found there at all!! All kinds of films are missing. It's just embarrassing how neglected Fujifilm's film page is. How much money does it take to have an up to date film page? Nothing.
This gets to the root of my own lack of confidence in them; probably others' too. You're right that it isn't hard to keep this information up to date and it looks bad, it looks like they really could care less in fact. If I was new to all this and had heard how awesome Acros is, then I couldn't even find it on their website? I'd think twice about bothering to try it. That's an easy thing for them to fix and is something they desperately need to do. Just taking care of that and actually demonstrating some degree of commitment would be sufficient to make me support them with my $, not that I'd make any noticeable difference to their bottom line.