Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
Folks, PLEASE use your brains. Logic is the key here. Fujifilm Tokyo states, "due to decrease in world wide global demand and smaller production runs...."

Now come on! How does removing a film from North America improve ANYTHING with the above? It does not. In fact, it makes it MUCH MUCH worse since North America must be one of the largest film markets in the world. Cut out the North American market and Provia's demand will decrease even MORE and the production runs will get even smaller.

NOTE: Provia 400X and Neopan 400 did *NOT* get the new updated boxes. Coincidence? I think not.
Are you sure the asian markets don't use film more? They have TONS of cameras for sale I've heard, all the time piles of them buying and selling, I would guess (and it's not based on anything but speculation) that there's more sales there than here, they wouldn't just cancel here in the US if there weren't reasons.

I also think many of the users of slide films, had split between Kodak and Fuji, and when Kodak went out of the slide world, lots of people "stocked up" and so there wasn't much increase for fuji in the purchase of new fujichrome the way they would have expected, and by the time people run out of the kodak stuff, fuji had already gotten there projected numbers and they weren't showing what they had expected and pulled out too soon... sad...