Quote Originally Posted by PDH View Post
My guess is that 3M E 6 will be late 70s or early 80s emulsion, I doubt that Ferrania updated prior to pulling the plug on production sometime in the late 80s or early 90s, the last C 41 Solar 100 and 200 I used was a newer film developed in the 90s, as I recall the grain was good with a shift towards yellow. I have a few rolls of Solar 100 in the freezer. I need to check out smy slides from the
70s, I shot a fair amount with the old 3 M E 6 sold at K Mart, I dont recall off the top of my head if it was an ASA 64, 100 or 200. The last I looked they have held up over the years, unlike GAF which are all fading. .
OT: was the GAF film not properly cleared and has just gotten fogged or something else? I've only used B&W GAF was there also color? I love shooting this old stock of GAF that I have and it would be good to know now if something about it won't hold up... haha. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
In the 90's the Scotch branded films from Ferrania were amongst the fastest in the world. Actually then they offered the fasted E-6 push-film ever (EI 3200).
OH WOW that's awesome! Maybe they can replace the Provia400X with something of their own creation. I never really found 400 speed film as useful as 800 speed. If the light isn't there for 100, 400 just isn't enough for me most of the time... so I hope they maybe make an 800 speed E-6 that would be super awesome!