Quote Originally Posted by cmacd123 View Post
The Old AnscoChrome - GAF film was based on the AGFA technology, rather then the Ektachrome technology. They had their own processing chemicals. so the Storage life was different.

I do recall a 500ASA version.

Ferrania -3M film was mostly sold in the private label market. It is intriguing that they claim ot have the equipment to make 127, as EFKE seems to have been the ultimate supplier for many of the 127 films sold in the last while. Somewhere I still have some Dynapan spools from my early pre-high school attempts at film developing. (They are unique as the centre is shiny metal, but the metal flanges are black. 127 was also the "superSlide format, but Slide film has not been available in that size for ages.

Perhaps they could earn their way to bootstrap there systems by converting other make film to 127, 126 and 110. {that does fit in with the rumours of a lomography connection to this while plan}

I will not hold my breath of course, but will cross my fingers.
I want to be clear that they said that but I think they are speaking about the same thing that Ilford just did with the ULF run... which is selling a can of uncut 46mm and then you re-roll it yourself... I just asked the rep from ADOX about that and he said they would consider not only making a 46mm can full of one of their new films but also would sell it as a package with backing paper. Again they are only CONSIDERING this... but it's a good start, a maybe is better than a flat out no... ilford said they can't make backing paper in that size so that's why I'm hoping someone else does, so I'm guessing Ferrania probably will do something similar... you can only re-use the backing paper so many times before the edges get all ratty, especially with older cameras...

However, with the whole Lomography movement, if they are actually the plant for the lomo films, they may actually produce the 127 film with spools and paper together since they have a good market for that stuff, and we could benefit as an after thought LOL