Quote Originally Posted by NB23 View Post
But I agree, this rebranding business has to be kept secret as much as possible in order to prevent hurting the company.
What's funny to me is that in the US there is only one manufacturer of film. So if the box says made in the US, it's Kodak by default.

Now the whole EU thing allows these sellers like Lupus to say "...ohh it's made in the EU..." and walk away.

From a consumer perspective, like Ken describes, the symbiotic relationship can't be upheld when some of the varriables of the symbiotic relationship have been removed. For eg, if X factory in the EU, was known for producing film with pinholes, defects and whatnot, and the consumer can't be sure that the film isnt coated at X factory cus the obfuscation of who made it exists due to an "EU" stamp on the box.....well....the risk is there that your gonna get what your gonna get.....and thus the cost better be low...

I think in the US our import laws require the country of manufacture to be on the box....

When the APX400 hits the US shores I will buy some and see if we can put this shell game to a rest re the new APX400...