Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
Actually, that post was intended by me to be a bigger-picture post that encompassed all types of film, and the constant clamor for ever-cheaper prices no matter what the eventual cost or outcome.

While I am sensitive to the relative nature of terms such as "cheap" and "expensive" as applied to each individual photographer's financial situation, I also realize that those terms, and their ripple effects, apply to the manufacturing side of the transaction as well.

What we may complain about as being too expensive, to the manufacturing side may be as rock-bottom cheap as they can go. Any cheaper, and they suffer a real risk of crashing and burning. And then we end up with no film at all.

Regardless of whether one liked their film products or not, Mirko's point was: Think Efke...

Ken
I get this, and I don't buy rebranded (I did a trade for some recently but that wasn't because I wanted the film as much as I wanted to get rid of the stuff I had. Lol) but I certainly think for color films, they've gone a bit batty.

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk