Quote Originally Posted by brianmquinn View Post
Kodak no longer makes inkjet printers.
I know the CEO kept saying that was the future of Kodak but like all the other bright ideas it was a money losing operation.

http://www.geek.com/news/kodak-to-st...nters-1519215/
Ironically they did come with more ink and weren't terrible printers... they've just lost their quality edge, and canon for examples was much better known for quality in printers, and they marketed to the lower class buyers who just go to HP for everything because they LOOK flashier even though the kodak's were probably better, kodak needs a huge re-design, in fact, they should probably think of changing their name, seriously, they hold onto their namesake because they feel it's a strong name but in this market, kodak is no longer viewed with respect (IMO) and they need an entire re-branding to stay afloat. New font, new color scheme (yes yellow isn't working anymore). I'm not saying I WANT this... I'm saying this is what will help them in the future. When I see Kodak I no longer think quality, I think cheap ugly throw away cameras and cheap printers ... their paper and film is still good but no one really uses that stuff anymore (in the sense of caring enough to buy kodak over another brand with the exception of us, the pro photographers, in the same sense except higher end photo labs, and I've also bought some really cheap bad kodak print paper, I don't know what it was, but it wasn't good at all...

Sorry that was a rant and sort of OT but also on point to the current conversation about discontinuation and longevity of a company line... I get so riled up over Kodak because I WANT them to be better, to survive, I know I bitch a lot about them, but I want them to make it, that's why I get so annoyed when they do a lot of stupid things, pricing themselves out of the buyers market on good products and underpricing and under-desligning shitty products... in fact, perhaps they should split their lines of products, their good quality stuff should retain one name, and their cheapo stuff should have another name to differentiate from the really good stuff. Some people want a Toyota, some want a Lexus ... same brand... different class' but both sell well to their markets...