I'm a semi-pro-hobbyist, I suppose you would say.

I spend most of my time at my day job working with Illustrator and Photoshop. I run a small studio in my office where I take all our product photos for our website, as well as print publication. That's all done in digital.

Outside of work, I create photographs for my own pleasure. My style, to the extent I have one, is to be extremely deliberate in setting up the scene. Within limits, nothing is left to chance. Over the past few months, those efforts have gone entirely back to film. This photograph is the first final product from my return to film.

As far as money goes, my investment in digital (Nikon D7000, Nikkor f/2 105 DC lens, lots of software, studio lighting) was covered by my company (which I own). My spending on analog is really pretty minimal.

PS: I should add...On a relatively frequent basis I get asked to shoot this or that, including weddings. No chance. I'd rather enjoy what I do than worry about getting paid. The greatest freedom of all is being able to work to your own ends. The thought of having to accommodate someone else's tastes horrifies me.