One of those rather trite sayings (that seem to be all the rage on Facebook) comes to mind: "Worry doesn't empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength."

One can choose to worry, or not. I can't see that doing so makes any difference. The world is going to do what the world is going to do.

As for this particular worry, I see only two courses of action: You can stock up on materials. You can evangelize.

I'm telling you, there are countless digital photographers out there who are just waiting to try film, but they don't know where to start. They don't know that film and processing are still available. They don't know of the ridiculous bargains out there on outstanding used film cameras. They don't know of the amazing image quality film is able to produce.

There are all kinds of people who are convinced that their latest Nikon DSLR represents the ultimate photographic expression. They don't know any better. Its what the marketing machine has told them.

The truth (as I see it, anyway) is that photography has been on a 100 year march away from better and toward easier.

In the last 24 hours, I've used my Nikon D7000 and my brand new used Agfa Isolette III.

Everything about the Nikon is easier: Flawless auto-exposure. Flawless auto-focus. See-in-the-dark ISO capabilities. Zillion frame-per-second shutter rate. Stores thousands of images on one chip.

And yet it ultimately can not match the image quality of my old 120 format cameras.

There are people who would make that choice...the choice to leave behind the convenience and automation of today's cameras in exchange for the quality, deliberateness, and elegance of film. If they only knew...