Hi folks,

I've been having some exposure problems recently so I conducted this test on Kodak UltraMax 400 to see what my camera is doing. I had the test roll processed and I scanned the results myself (I know, they're terrible). My big question is whether or not changing the asa is actually having an effect on the exposure. It kinda seems like it is.

Right after I did this my FE started having shutter problems, so I'm not sure if that had a bearing on the results either.

The table lamp is on, but most of the light is coming from an overhead PAR with a narrow spot lens focused down. I used a Tiffen pro-mist on #3 for giggles. The objective was to overexpose the film. Every shot is metered from the shadows at the edge of the light spread/curtains.

I just want to make sure the settings jive with the results. I don't understand the dissimilarity between 2 & 4.

35-105mm 3.5
1. f.4 1/125 @ 400
2. f.3.5 1/30 @ 320
3. f.3.5 1/15 @ 200

50mm 1.4
4. f.2 1/60 @ 320

1.Twelve.jpg2.Thirteen.jpg3.Fourteen.jpg4.Fifteen.jpg


Anyway, have a look and tell me what you think. I have a big project coming up and I want to make sure I know what I'm going for. If another test is necessary I will do it.

Thanks!