Hi, on rereading the thread, I now see that the developer issue was raised several times, in particular by RPC who also pointed out that bleach shouldn't have to work on D-min areas.

Regarding your latest post, I don't see any calc errors. If anything is wrong, I'd guess it to be from the "label art."

Your results show that the Part B proportion used in TANK solution is much higher than in REPLEN. The most obvious explanation for this is that Part B contains restrainers (similar to byproducts from the film). This would also explain why SM chemicals don't need a "starter;" the key ingredients are already available by rebalancing the existing components (you increase the component containing the "starter chemicals").

As to why the mix, generally, doesn't seem right, my best guess is that the fresh tank solution was made empirically. That is, they tried to avoid having a separate "starter," so just found a best approximation by trial and error. (As a wild guess, the unexpected reduction of part C might be to try to keep the preservative package balanced, assuming the HAS was in part B.)

I have quite a lot of color neg processing experience, and have NEVER found a freshly made tank solution to match a seasoned mix. Generally they are somewhat close, but not good enough for critical matching work (anyone who knows what a VCNA or PVAC is, will know what I mean). The fresh processor solutions will always show shifts in the process control charts as they become seasoned. (In fact, different film mixes will shift the control chart plots to different positions.)

Anyway, I think there is a fairly good liklihood that Kodak came up with the final tank solution mix as a result of actual trials. But I would also be suspicious that the label art is not correct.

If I were in your shoes, I'd just mix per your calculations, and run the control strip for a "reality check" (I'd be pretty surprised if everything was within "spec limits). If you don't know what everything means on the control strip, an actual film test is probably more useful.