Quote Originally Posted by MDR View Post
I agree it's difficult to make a movie on film on less than a 2 Mio Dollar Budget but it's doable using a Canon 5DII as A camera for a 2 Mio Budget Movie is something I don't get. Some of the greatest Movies were shot with a single lens or very few lenses The Last Picture show only used one lens Cititzen Kane only used a few lenses. Richard Boddington a Canadian Director Producer shot all his films except his last one on film and he usually has a below 2 Mio Dollar Budget. I also fully agree with you about the Kodak XX thing
That was a while ago, inflation, growing actor costs, probably that movie in today's dollars would be about 7-8 million.... Way different level.

The 5D isn't bad, the new 5D C (C for Cinema) shoots in 4K which is like double 1080i or whatever. It still shoots stills but is designed for movies, and costs double, but for 4K is still worth it and doable on a 2 mil budget.

Anyway this is digi talk, I just was explaining my comment more.

Shooting on XX does cost less than color though, because with B&W you don't have to have as much light to make a scene look good and don't have to worry about color temperature so you can use whatever light is available even fluorescents and not have to change them out for tungsten fluorescents etc.

Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk