Quote Originally Posted by skystrick View Post
Just curious to see how much the last 25 years has changed the field of photography...

Just for fun!

Okay, back in 1988, what were you using for:
(1) Top most-used camera?
(2) Top most-used film?
(3) Top most-used paper?
(4) B&W enlarger, color enlarger, other printing equipment?

If 1988's too specific, we can just say "the 1980s". :-)
The start of my high school experience.

1. Using an Olympus OM-10 and saving for a Nikon F4s which I bought summer of 89. I wanted AF and to do sports. The Nikon was good for either (but not both at the same time). I had a OM77af for a very brief time and quickly learned Olympus wasn't going to be a player in autofocus motor driven cameras. I put off buying a vehicle for a year or two to afford the camera and it was a good move.
2. I started out using whatever the school gave me.. then changed to what I'm using right now to this day... Tmax 400 for a mix of personal and school use. Nobody else used it because it was slow to wash and responsive to changes in development. I wanted the finer grain.
3. Polycontrast RC or Ilford Multigrade RC. Still using Ilford. Didn't care for the kodak printing on the back of the kodak paper.
4. I used whatever they had in the school lab. I soon got setup myself with a used Omega Chromega-B dichroic from a deceased photographer. Still using it, though I've added a 4x5 enlarger.