Quote Originally Posted by Alpenhause View Post
Makes me wonder if the film in 35mm was poorly handled by those cutting and packing the film.
Yes, it is possible that for some months the Aviphot was being put into 35mm cassettes and then packed into the plastic cans under ordinary light, or even under strong light. Maybe someone forgot that this film must be protected from light piping. Or maybe the person/people who knew it went away for holiday, or for another reason. I put one roll into a 35mm camera in a film changing bag, so it was not exposed to light at all, and after the film was finished, I wound it right back into the film cassette. But when it was developed, the film leader was exposed, so clearly the loaded 35mm cassettes were not packed into their plastic cans in the dark.

The 120 film may have not been cut and packed at the same location as the 35mm, Is the 120 film showing "Yellow"?
Nobody has reported yellow 120 film, but that would not suffer from light piping, because there is no leader or trailer that is exposed to light when the spools are being packed. There are no reports of fogged polyester-based negative film either, possibly because only the Aviphot was packaged under the wrong conditions.

Perhaps the 35mm cartridges had residual volatile organic compounds inside in the paint that affected the film.
That is another interesting suggestion! Perhaps someone from Maco will tell us at some time.