Quote Originally Posted by f/16 View Post
No, I'll be happy with 120 film. Got the 2 test rolls back today. Those images are huge! You don't need the loupe unless you want to see some fine detail. I got a couple of underexposed(about 1 stop)images with the 165 lens wide open, but not stopped down. Now I need to run another test roll and see if it something I did wrong the first time(hope that's all it is )

And another thing-DOF is insanely shallow. I'm afraid I will have a lower percentage of shots in sharp focus.

f22 to f32 (and a tripod!) for anything at all beyond 3m with the 165mm lens. That lens is capable of exceptionally sharp results but you must accord it respect with technique. Remember the 165LS was designed as a portrait lens, and it works brilliantly as such with its shallow depth of field. In the landscape context though you need to think further away...

What's with the underexposures? Lever to Auto on the lens; no need for stopped-down use, if that's what you've inadvertently done...
Whenever you have an image under- or over-exposed by the camera's own meter, repeat the sane scene but meter it with a handheld meter. Record the results. It's possible to get wonky results with hand-held metering too! Repeat errors may indicate a problem with the aperture coupling of the lens, the camera's own meter (if it is fitted with the TTL meter) or not setting the aperture values to the click stops. Remember the 5-stop range of the onboard meter: 2.5 Stops up and down from centre, so even a slight rise or dip of the meter reflects a change in exposure.