OK, I was asked to go back & document the surgery. I tried to recreate it positioning pieces roughly together. I didn't want to snap the film gate back over the bellows as I didn't want to stress either one further taking them apart again.
I used a Sears Craftsman Dremel equivalent. A round spiral cutting tool was too difficult to remove material with and control (hence the wild scratches away from the intended area). A coarser cylindrical spiral cutter was faster and so aggressive I seriously contemplated stopping to get safety glasses, which I probably should have done regardless.
The unfortunate choice of "#1" -"#14" for the photo names interferes with the 'Next' feature in the HTML...10 comes after 1...sorry...a quirk of computers.