I guess it boils down to how you define supply and demand. The way I look at it if you want to buy something you have to pay the price the current owners of the item are charging. If you don’t like the price too bad for you, just don’t buy it. If they buy too much and can't sell it for a profit too bad for them. I feel that everyone and every company charges the most they can get for their product. Ilford makes a quality product and charges a premium price for it. They, like any other company, only lowers their price when they can no longer sell enough at the price they are currently charging. Either because the consumers are buying a similar item from competitors or because they have switched to an alternative lower cost item. Some people may find inkjet prints to be good enough for them at a lower cost than fiber prints. The price of good fiber prints is too much for them. We all do similar things all the time. I do it all the time when I buy fresh produce. I may really want to buy pears but if the price of a peaches is half as much as pears I buy the peaches.