To be fair I probably haven't been using film cameras long enough yet to have been in enough situations to know if I would need faster shutter speeds. I could re-sell but if I was to buy a new camera I would like to keep it and continue using it after the course, as I love using film. At the moment I have found an FE at a 5 starting bid, it's been for sale for a few days already and has no bids, so with luck it will stay cheap. If it does I think I might have to buy it!

Everyone else has answered all my questions, so now it mainly comes down to price. Lastly, I had not seen Maderik's post until now, that is a very good idea and I have actually been trying to do that, I got a Pentax 50mm f/1.7 recently, and have been trying to buy 28mm and 135mm lenses which would give me a great range. I was originally trying to buy a Nikon (the K1000 was given to me) so I always preferred them, but the K1000 is still great to use. Also aren't Nikon lenses known for having much better quality? This really appeals to me. I could always get and FE with 50mm lens for general work, and get the lenses I want for the K1000 for when I need a greater range. How does that sound?