We had company this weekend, so the darkroom was turned into a temporary storage facility...

Today, instead of "working" in the darkroom, I spent the day doing "maintenance".

Under the sink smelled a little musty so I mopped the floor with a little bleach. Odd - things "under" the sink smelled fine, and there was no reason for mildew to form. So maybe I staved that off in the early stage.

But the fun chore, we had bought some things for back to school, so had a bit of cardboard to play with. My darkroom supply shelves are a half-dozen 11x10x18 cardboard boxes on wire racks (I got the boxes from my stepfather's machine shop, either when I moved from college or when we got married). They had become a bit worse for wear because I pull them off the shelf by the ears to look for things. Don't know why but it's always hard to find this size (11x11 just doesn't cut it)...

So I cut some reinforcing cardboard and did a bit of glueing and repaired five of the worst of them. Probably hold up for another 30 years...