A couple months ago there was a new show at MOPA (in san diego) and it was black and white images by Jessica Lange. i think they were not printed by her, but by someone else. There were a lot... as in many, and it was quite overwhelming, not in a good way... many people skimmed them and didn't really see them.... My wife did the same, and i myself felt like doing that.. I went a second time and felt the same thing... It wasn't horrible.. but i found it lacking in in the many aspects that make a great show great.. It said she had been a photographer for many decades, since college.. and she'd only shown to friends, who encouraged her to show, etc... Most of the photographs were large, full frame (6x4.5) (shot on af hasselblad) printed full frame on 20x24.
the photographs looked like snapshots (not bad), and the ones from her mexico trips were sloppy, most without composition.. given that they were more along the lines of street photography i cut some slack, but these still were not up to par, and i swear some where shot from a moving car. what really upset me is that obviously someone pulled some strings to get this show going... and i noticed many were uninterested, or maybe i'm just projecting. Anyway, thought i'd get that out there...

they now have the international Journalist photos out... but on the side they have 30x years of mopa (or something along those lines), with adams moonrise... as well as portraits from arnold newman (most of these are pretty good, and some awesome to see in person)...