Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
You can replicate Kodachrome very well using 3 color shots on B&W and then using a reversal C/M/Y development scheme. This has been often published. At the end, you bind all 3 together to get a finished slide. There are no tricks and no need to compound special formulas, you just make up what works. Leadly and Stegmeyer published this in the '40s.
None of this will get the Shuttle film rolls developed. There is no need (in my humble opinion) to bring back Kodachrome film, but I would find it quite interesting to bring those few exciting rolls of film to life that have already been exposed. If some wealthy folks want to get some additional Kodachrome developed and thereby help fund the whole process, more power to them I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
And Rudi, I am aware of these two types of endeavor but what I am saying that there is a LOT of talk here and across APUG but little action among those able to do it. They talk, but they don't do.
Feel free to add me to the list of those who talk more than they do, and I shall save you from my usual "I have a family and a job and rah rah rah". The question remains whether "developing Kodachrome" can be a job description, i.e. whether it would pay the bills for one or two years. If yes, and Stephen still holds the key to the answer, then this could be a great opportunity to get some of us talkers going. If this turns into a "two rolls per quarter, and half of the customers won't pay, because their ten year old slides came out a bit fogged" operation, then ok, ditch it.