Quote Originally Posted by MartinP View Post
May I ask, to what practical application will the OP put a perfect interpretation of these spec-sheet curves?

It's not meant to be a silly question, as all that consistency necessary thirty years ago - when film was the starting point for many analogue image-production processes - seems to have been removed. Now aren't we are using consistency in our own personal processes to achieve what we want at the level of an individual print (or small, personally repeatable, batches), not as the start of a long chain of analogue processes where the published result depends on perfect global consistency at every step?
Some end-users can interpret, to some degree, in a manner meaningful to them. If given enough time I could probably understand the specs, but nothing I do (or want) requires the vast majority that information. Still, it is nice to have, so long as the person can interpret, and it can be interesting just to read and learn.

Along those lines, consider ingredients listed on food. Most do not read them. Some do, but only look for certain things and do not take full advantage of the information (which is not terribly useful descriptive in the first place).

However, I am lactose-intolerant, and have learned there are many words that basically boil-down to "dairy" product/lactose. Just because a label does not say "milk" or "dairy" does not mean it is not in there in some capacity; the laws in the U.S. don't require that in the way many believe. Fortunately, disclosure is required for ingredients that can be deadly.

Only by reading and interpreting can I discern what I need to know, even if it is of no interest to someone else.

Admittedly, this does not affect the majority of analog food users, but I am glad the information is there and that I can understand it well enough for my purposes.