Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
A bit of history: If you're good, you don't really need such a system, but it allowed relatively untrained people to shoot
Dearly Beloved, we are gathered here today in the presence of TS, to join film and digital in matrimony, which is commended to be honorable among all systems; and therefore is not by any to be entered into unadvisedly or lightly, but reverently, discreetly, advisedly and solemnly. Into this holy estate these two systems present now come to be joined. If any person can show just cause why they may not be joined together, let them speak now or forever hold their peace.
Hey, I'm against it ! Their not suited together; let them go their own ways. We still got fresco and oil painting, pencil and etching, lithography and screen printing; those two systems never intervened. Let them go; if after some 50 years nobody uses film anymore, so be it. My students are 18 now; due to "financial crisis" I hope they retired by then and have the time(and the money) to pick up what I've told them how to write in light. Moreover, I think they can then make film and camera's as easy as we can make developer now.