Quote Originally Posted by KennyMark View Post
1) focus position adjusted following initial focus determination (possible and likely)
This seems to me to be the most likely.

2) focus screen not mounted properly (possible but not likely, you'd probably notice this before replacing the finder)
The focus screen just drops in, can't put it in upside down nor is there any form of adjustment. It can be rotated 180 degrees (Mamiya name at the front or rear when installed) but I see no visible difference either way I install it. Doesn't seem likely.

3) lens not mounted properly on body (possible but not likely. The lens mount could be damaged, the lens flange could be damaged, both of which you would probably notice upon visual inspection)
4) lens could be damaged (possible but not likely, you'd get the same results with another focusing screen unlike your results with another focusing screen)
I've taken 2 rolls of film with this lens, all came out perfectly focused except these three and one I know I forgot to focus. This doesn't seem likely either.

5) focusing screen is damaged (possible but not likely, you'd almost certainly notice this)
I'd check to make sure that the focusing screen is a) not damaged, b) mounted properly on the body.
No visible damage & it seems to be installed correctly. This doesn't seem likely either.

Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
Is there any chance that the focus screen you have is for a different model of the RB67?
I purchased this screen new from B&H Photo, it came in a Mamiya factory sealed box and the box is marked "RB67 Pro SD". The frame of the screen is marked only "Mamiya Japan", same as the old screen I took out. There always is the possibility the wrong screen got stuffed in the box at the factory.

Well all I can come up with is operator error. Not MY error of course; I had an untrained female assistant helping me when I was taking these photos. Most likely SHE did something when I wasn't looking. I guess all I can do is shoot another roll of film, including the statue again, taking care that my focus is spot on before I shoot. Then, assuming all the new images come out properly focused, soundly cuss out my assistant! I will post the results here once I get the next roll of film back.