Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
You speak of exactly what I try to get away from. Sorry to be drifting away from the original topic a little bit, but do you honestly believe that anybody besides obsessive photographers care about a small gain in perceived sharpness or slightly finer grain?

I'm not Ralph Gibson or Mary Ellen Mark, obviously, but when I show my photographs to others they seem a lot more interested in the content, the composition, the light, expressions, and so on - and this goes for both photographers and non-photographers. Of course there is always one person that has to ask what film I used, but to me that's just an exception to the rule.
Do you often go into museum exhibitions of photography and hear people talk about sharpness or grain?
I don't think the public including me could tell a factory copy from an old master (in appropriate surroundings).
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-overseas.html
I venture to suggest that most film photographers care about grain and sharpness, not just those labelled as you have done.

To get back on topic, I'm interested in reproducing the Panatomic-X appearance and it seems either it cannot be done or it is not known how to do it.