Thanks for your feedback. I may very well have a tendency to overcomplicate things. Leave aside the paper development timer (which is more or less just a stop watch with preset intervals) and the storing of the picture data into a database instead of a manual documentation on paper (including the 3 scans).
The test strip / printing part basically just automates f-stop calculation, note taking, writing down the printing sequence and setting the times for the enlarger. I've done this on paper before and quite often made careless mistakes like forgetting a step in the sequence or setting the wrong time etc. With the program you'd still have to do all the thinking - meaning you decide on the sequence and times yourself.

So this means my approach tin general is too complicated? What I do (no matter if manually or with the program):

Splitgrade:
1. Find the correct soft grade base exposure using the f-stop timing method via test strips
2. Find the correct hard grade base exposure using the f-stop timing method via a second set of test strips
3. Decide the print plan for soft and for hard grade separately. Note this in F-stops from base exposure
4. Execute the print plan

When I do normal Printing, I do:
1. Find the correct base exposure using the f-stop timing method via test strips
2. Find the correct contrast grade with a second set of test strips
3. Decide the print plan (again with soft and for hard grade separately). Note this in F-stops from base exposure
4. Execute the print plan

Please bear in mind I am a total beginner. So if this can be done much easier and faster, any comments are highly appreciated.

Thanks, Josh