okay, sounds very reasonable. I will control the contrast when choosing the paper or the grade in multigrades when enlarging.

Ilford FP4 Plus, ISO 125. I mentioned this in the beginning. The other alternative that I will try is Kodak TMax, ISO 100 also if I recall correctly.

Te posters are old, perhaps from the 70īs. No mentioning of the copyright holder and I would only make these small copies so that I can carry them with me when moving from one place to another. The posters have already suffered and look bad on the wall and I will put those in the waste after I have a good quality photo of those. For my personal use only.

The other part of my original question was and is that how do I judge my negatives? If it looks too dense, what to do? If it looks too dense does it also mean that it is too dense when other persons look at it, how do WE know it is too dense . "Perhaps too dense" is an opinion but "too dense" is a fact. Shadows have no details=too dense? Highlights totally black on the neg, ?. The neg looks a little gray with not much tonality, what? I would love to get these things correctly already in the negative so that it is easier for someone else to make a good paper copy from it without being an expert with filters and how they work.