Quote Originally Posted by zsas View Post
Hi Matt, seems that we are saying the same thing? I said the Kodak AU is its own entity (which you are saying is a network of further third parties). So if there is a QC issue in AU, and the OP received apology and resolution from Kodak AU, I advocated that the OP contact Kodak Global, instead of merely posting such issue on an Internet forum. All that does is cause come-out-of-the-wood-work discussions about how "Kodak wronged me too".....

I am saying OP contact Kodak AU (which was done to resolution), and contact Kodak Global re these issues in AU. Then and only then, should one get a cold shoulder, take-it-to-the-net.....

I think we agree this is an issue Kodak Global should be concerned with, regardless if there are 2,3,4 or 10,000 agents between the OP placing his order and the ultimate responsible party....

I really don't care if there are middle-layer folks in the process, Kodak AU and by extension Kodak Global put their name on the box and are ultimately the responsible parties...

Are you saying that since Kodak AU has many layers between them and the customer that they are somehow less responsible? They are responsible for the whole life cycle, regardless if they've more "middle layer" than say Kodak US has?
Andy:

Each of the Kodak subsidiaries are independent. They happen to be owned by the bankrupt Eastman Kodak (and therefore must show somewhere as an asset on Eastman Kodak's balance sheet) but as independent entities they bear the brunt of problems in their supply chain, and enjoy the profits that might arise out of that supply chain.

The problem is that Stephen could not have bought that out-dated material from Kodak AU - only from a distributor. That distributor bought it from Kodak AU (or possibly another distributor). Strictly speaking, Kodak AU probably doesn't have any contractual relationship with Stephen's business, and so would not be legally responsible for the distributor's actions.

To approach it that way would however be disastrous for Kodak AU. So they made sure the situation was fixed, but the chain of supply means that problems like this are much more likely to occur.