Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
504? My wife had one when we married. After she moved up to NJ it was looked after by our local Peugeot dealership, whose owner was a venturesome Hollander. Very competent shop. I showed them a Scimitar coupe shop manual and they agreed to work on mine when I didn't think I could do the necessary well enoughl. Used them for head gaskets (I supplied the parts), overdrive replacement (ditto, NOS unit mailed from the UK, very inexpensive) and clutch slave cylinder replacement.

When the 504 got old herself wanted to replace it with a 505. We're both glad that I convinced her an Accord would do.

More about Boyer. Their QC was quite stringent, as would be expected from a Leitz subcontractor (lens elements, not complete lenses).
I really liked my 504. It had it's quirks, such as a huge gap between first and second gear ratios and electric windows on the front doors only - but it handled well and I thought the brakes were superb. One winter I put four studded snow tires on, and as long as I didn't have to actually push snow it went everywhere. The only car I've liked better was the '82 Volvo Turbo.

You have to be very special to contract to Leitz - once again Q.E.D.