Quote Originally Posted by VesaL View Post
Thanks, i will have check this passage out from the documentation.

As an answer to your question, why men ever wanted to go to the moon or climb on top to the mountain..? :0) to get an experience and learn. The fully ( but limited) panchromatic emulsion is needed to render the visible color spectrum, in the autochromes or modern films. I like historical processes, and like to experience myself how the pioneers of color photography have made their mark in history. As a historical and scientific perspective concerning Autochromes , people can slice hair what can be done and what not, but i just don´t want to take things for granted, like iPhone on your pocket etc.

Guess the only way is to sensitize the variable contrast emulsion and see what happens, probably will not work but hey, least we tried it
Now I get it.
I like the Autochrome Lumière photos from 100 years ago very much! I understand it was made with potato starch, but no one has reproduced it successfully yet.
Trying to reproduce this effect, shouldn't it also be possible to coat three blank film sheets and expose each with a different color filter (at the same scene)? Then combine the three negatives and make one print?
This is in fact in theory the same as what we still do making three digital negatives (digital color separation) for color gum printing nowadays.
I once bought three old 4x5" wooden film holders with each a different glass plate in it: red, green and blue (if I'm right, would have to check). I suppose they where used for a process like this?

(BTW: I like your motivation/attitude towards experimental photography)