Quote Originally Posted by wombat2go View Post
... (SNIP)
-I wanted a real simple robust camera, the body is such the back balances the lens and forms a robust base. It can be sat on the ground or in the grass etc with the lens and back clear of the ground.The lens has a permanent metal hood with UV filter, and no lens cap. It is carried either by its handle or in an old video bag and does not have to be babied.

-This camera has no batteries (after my dslr batteries laid down in the Michigan winter) and can be used with gloves on which is not possible for example with a dslr.
-Having the spirit level in the viewfinder is good feature, more accurate than the grid in the slr and dslr. However I need to work on a better VF than the present one.
(ENDofSNIP) ...
For me, these reasons are sufficient justification for the project , even if being additional to your satisfaction in the hardware design and implementation. And the technical discussions and contributions in the thread are interesting and useful. Having just come across the thread, I will follow it with interest .