Hi

Been awed by the "Architect's brother" series by Robert and Shana ParkeHarrison.
They used a combination of painting and paper negative process AFAIK and I've been reading up on the process, at least from what I can find around the net, especially the stuff William Mortensen did.

Now, I do have a suitable negative that I am planning to use for my processing in the darkroom.

What I need to achieve, is something like this: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...levant_count=1
(photo is publicly viewable even if you don't have facebook, so go ahead and have a look).

This is Fomapan 100 @ 50 in Rodinal, shot with my Mamiya RZ 67 II and an autoknips ^_^

On the photo you see here, I used photoshop(I know ssshhhhh!) to create the mist-effect and the toning.

But I originally wanted to achieve the same result using traditional ways, IE. darkroom printing and preferably using paper negatives and manipulation.

This means that I will have to create fog somehow during my negative - paper positive - paper negative - paper positive, process.

How do one actually make believable "haze" or fog during that process....?
The fog needs to do two things:
- To be fog (duh)
- To diffuse the lines in the horizon, so that it is a gradual transition from the far-away land towards the polluted sky.
- It needs to be pretty light in tones, as your average fog is, so I am not entirely sure if I can just "paint" fog in there on the positive...?

Original shot has normal, overcast skies, but no fog.

Any good ideas?