Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
I really cannot begin to fathom what people are expecting from them, annual runs of Kodachrome in ULF?

Come ON people, when they say nothing new they mean new film, not marketing. Of course they will market film, they can now and it will help to turn a profit.....you do want them to turn a profit, right? This is just incredible to me, the lineup they have right this moment is truly some of the best film they have ever made and the quality is near mil-spec for pete's sake and yet all people can do is complain, what a truly sad state of commentary.

I am 100% in support of what ever they need to do in order to keep the current lineup and not make films like TMX and TMY in 4x5 $200+ a box, which I would still pay by the way.

You guys have got to start waking up, this is 2013 and Kodak film has emerged from bankruptcy, it could have been far, far worse folks.
Old-timers around these parts will probably fall over dead hearing me say this, but...

I really think we need to give these guys some breathing space and a chance to get their feet on the ground and get going. No one has been more critical of EK's business decisions over these past several years than I. That was some of the dumbest shit I've ever seen, ranking right up there in business sense with those dotcoms I worked for back in the day. Unbelievable incompetence of vision. Don't even get me started again...

But these guys aren't EK. True, we don't yet know what they can or will do, but the flip side is that unlike EK under Perez, they haven't done anything fatally wrong yet either.

Besides, if a reconstituted Ferrania doesn't manage escape velocity in 2014, and Harman hasn't been secretly squirreling away aces up its sleeve while no one was watching, then these Alaris guys might very well be your last, best, and final hope for survival of color film of any type.

The prudent thing to do might just be to give them the benefit of the doubt and some room to maneuver.

Ken