About 1 1/2 years ago my 40 year old son learned that a woman that lived in his neighborhood had been our neighbor when he was about two years old. The lady was within a year or two of my sons age. He learned that her brother of about 1 year younger had passed away at the age of 19 due to an extremely rare disease and that their mother had hardly any pictures of them as young children since the parents divorced at the girls age of 3 and the father took most of the pictures with him and has refused to share since. It took me about 1/2 hour to retrieve a B&W negative I had made of the girl and boy sitting together on a "hot wheels" tricycle when I first began doing photography. While the negative was quite poor by my standards now I was able to make several reasonable quality 8X10's on good fiber paper for a Christmas surprise. I learned the mother was in tears when she opened the gift from the daughter at Christmas and she sent me a beautiful "thank you" note. Highly doubt if digital files would have made to almost 40 years so easily!!!