Wonderful pictures! Xpan is my favorite camera. I am pleased to hear that you enjoy it too.

Regarding the battery issue, yes the XPAN (and XPAN II too) drains battery power even if you power it off. I always take out the batteries after use and insert them just before use. It's a bit hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by Klainmeister View Post
Well, I was handed one of these to test (the owner hasn't shot it in many a year) so here are my initial impressions:

Pros:
- Build quality is typical Fuji. Very hefty build, smooth lens movement, very functional
- Lens (40mm on this one) is tack sharp and has great contrast
- The format is lots of fun and give you a lot of negative to play with
- 21 shots out of 36 roll is more than I expected and makes it feel totally justified
- changes your shooting habits and is a lot of fun!

Cons:
- The tripod mount is waaaaaaay on the corner...what gives? It was all wonky on my tripod
- Cost me $16 for a set of batteries, which died after two days because I left it on in my pack (no auto-off?)
- Printing. Who has a holder for these? And how to frame em? Also, you need a MF printing lens for them (these aren't issues for me, per se, but thought I'd throw that out there)
- More lenses cost quite a lot

Alright, here are some pics from my recent vacation into the Enchantments Wilderness in Central Washington. We got hammered by a storm.

Attachment 74870

Attachment 74871

Attachment 74872

These are all Neopan 400 in Pyrocat 1:1:100 for 15 minutes.