Bethe - I too have had enough of folk on the net vilifying the fabled 'soccer mom who thinks she's a professional cus she's got a $800 Nikon/Canon with that kit zoom'. I know many soccer moms and none of them think they are pros or could photgraph a wedding. It's just convent for photo folks online to rant about all the blogs and flickr streams that some women (many times who've kids) share with their friends/fam. More power to them, least they are 1) photographing 2) helping preserve memories 3) sharing 4) creating happiness in this world

Good grief, I too have had enough of this garbage of these soccer moms who've supposedly stollen the whole market of photography.

Let me make a historical contextual point, back in the 40's, 50's, etc - who was the one that Kodak marketed to so much? Yep, that's right women, "The Kodak girl" anyone remember. Yep these were folks who took family photos and put them in books to memorialize family/friend fun times....

Today, little has changed, except the books are now online for all to see and some to rant about....