Quote Originally Posted by n2mf View Post
Just starting into shooting a 4x5. Haven't shot any sheet film yet, but have just started shooting with a 6x9 roll film holder that came with the camera set I found. The camera is a Graflex Crown Graphic Special. My question...The camera came with a Schneider Xenar 135/4.7 lens & Synchro Compur-P shutter. I have another lens that I purchased with some other items at another time. It's a Graflex Optar 135/4.7 & Full Synchromatic shutter. Both lenses are equal as far as condition is concerned...But is one better than the other for some reason or another?

Also, I have another board for the camera. When I shoot 6x9 with this camera, would I be better off to shoot with a more normal medium format focal length lens for more coverage?

Thanks in advance.
If you want coverage with movements on your 6x9 your lenses should be able to cope. If you are using 4x5 you might consider selling one or even both lenses and buying a 1950's Symmar 150. These are convertible lenses. You get two lenses in one. Out of the box it's a 150mm lens, take off the front element and you have a 265mm lens. Very useful if you want to save space and weight.

RR