I just got a OM-2S Program. Cosmetically it is in 'user' condition (that is, some brassing, and a chip out of the plastic around the hot shoe). Shutter and film advance are perfect, view finder is bright and clean.

The problem I'm running into is the light meter is working just enough to give me hope, but I don't know how to fix it short of sending it off for CLA (which I'm not sure the camera is worth to me - I love the ergonomics of my OM40, and the OM-2S really needs a small grip to match that).

The light meter is reporting many (at least 5) stops too low. It scales properly; so if I change my aperture it moves up one stop. I've put some fresh silver batteries in it, no change. I haven't tried it with film in it yet, but I don't think that should affect anything else (my OM40 also has a TTL OTF meter, and it works the same regardless of whether or not film is loaded).

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? My google-fu isn't pulling up anything useful other than the service manual; which showed me how to adjust the light meter directly, and it also showed me how incredibly hard that job would be for someone of my skill level.

In other news, I also got a Nikon FA at the same time, and holy cow that is a nice camera. But I already have Olympus lenses, and I'd rather have a second body that uses those than start collecting a whole other set of lenses...