I have recently received my first Leica, a R4 with Summicron 50 f/2 lens. I have been a Nikon shooter for years and will not give them up, too much equipment invested in already, and I have been quite happy with all my Nikons film and digital. Aside from the focus being backwards, and learning the functions of this camera I am very impressed! I never really believed all the hype about optics quality associated with Leica, but just holding this lens up I can see a difference in contrast! The clarity, the color, very bright is quite impressive!

Still working through my test roll of Fuji Superia 200, but I noticed how smooth and quiet the camera functions compared to som of my others! I can see the allure of these now, and even though I think the prices of the lenses are a bit inflated, understand it better. Will I ever give up my Nikons? Don't think so. But, I will really think twice about which camera I grab for the day! Using it has been quite a joy! I might slow down on buying other cameras trying to save for more glass, but I can see these being addictive for sure!

Curious, who else here uses the Leica R series? I can see picking up another body eventually, but really would like more glass!

-Xander