Yes, a small reduction in voltage causes a large increase in life.
The old radio transmitting tubes cost $5000 to $10000, so the filament voltage was closely monitored as 3% too high meant a 50% reduction in life.
Furthermore, the inrush current when a tungsten lamp is switched on causes stress which leads to fatigue failure as the filament heats unevenly during start up.

A trick I have done for many years is to add a resistor in series with a lamp, such that the voltage is reduced by 4 or 5 %.
The lifetime increase is up to 5 times, as the resistor reduces both the inrush current and the operating voltage.

Very early in my career, I was not remotely interested in photography, but i was designing voltage stabilizers, and i recall going to a photo printing facility where the owner was tearing his hair out with lamp failures, color and exposure inconsistency , etc, He was doing wedding photo prints etc and had the brides' mothers queuing up in his shops! I spent a morning with him and he kindly explained the processes in his smelly, crowded enlarger room. As I recall we were able to fix many of his problems with a few voltage stabilizers to power his enlargers.