Quote Originally Posted by Arcturus View Post
I'd actually like to print with graded paper, but the way I've been processing my negs makes them print well at around grade 1. I don't think there are any graded papers around lower than 2 though. I could change my development times, but I still have years of negs that will print well at around grade 1. I had been scanning for a long time and the higher contrast negs seemed to scan better, so that's what I'm left with.
I keep one small pack of multigrade paper around for those negs that need 1 or 4... And I use graded 2 and 3 for all that I can. I develop my negs to aim for the middle between 2 and 3 (instead of aiming for 2 and sometimes needing 1), it tends to make ALL my negs fit one or the other. So I only occasionally need the multigrade.

Where I'm going with this line of thought, for you... You might have some relatively "flat" negatives that will fit grade 2 nicely. And sometimes a negative that "needs" grade 1 will look great on grade 2 with just a touch of dodging.

*That's "if" you want to use graded paper... You should be fine with multigrade and the advice you're getting here on this thread.