A CPP actually produces very little drain-waste...certainly not enough to over flow a small pail or bucket...I would say a liter at most, primarily because I like to give the innards a good rinse after processing. I generally use it up through the fix-remove and then wash a bunch of reels all at once in a spare 4 liter container, followed by photoflo. The lift uses a output tube that lets you "reclaim" any step of chemistry back into its original container.

As for figuring times, use manufacturer suggested times to start with as usual. I am meticulous as all hell when hand processing, but the jobo is even better, and i have never had a single blemish or hint of uneven development on film processed with it. Continuous agitation gets all this hub-bub on forums, most of it is a bunch of bullshit. It doesn't increase contrast, it doesn't increase granularity, it doesn't fuck up your color, and it certainly doesn't shorten development times. The agitation is so gentle (and adjustable, I might add) on a jobo that all it is doing is just refreshing the chemistry on a regular basis. You're more likely to introduce variables with intermittent inversion because you are introducing an interspersed binary pattern of development activity,

ie.

Inversion: 1-1-1-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-1-1-1

Rotary: 1-0-1-0-1-0-1-0-1-0-1-0-1

Jobo used to brag that film manufacturers (namely kodak) used their processors to establish baselines for consistency. Don't know how much truth there is to that statement, but I wouldn't be surprised.